4.02.2008

Show Me Your Tats

Happy Spring! Love is definitely in the air this year - which has me thinking, this summer will be our 9th anniversary. As in, we have talked to or seen each other every day for the past nine years. Yeah! It's also our 4th wedding anniversary, and I was thinking it would be cool to do something special for our 10th. So, here are my questions:

1. What color tattoo ink looks good on pale skin? I was thinking navy.

2. Would it be better to get a tattoo on the inner bottom part of your wrist or your inner forearm?

3. Is getting a tattoo of my husband's initials on my arm totally yukky in a Pam and Tommy Lee way? Or only a little yukky but still endearing - i.e. Posh and Becks (db) (jp) (10)!

4. Exactly how much does it hurt - yes, I hate pain. Pain sucks.

5. Do we add (or subtract) douchebag points for font? Obviously, I wouldn't choose helvetica.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous4/03/2008

    Awww, nine years!

    I've always wanted to get a tattoo on my inner wrist or forearm. I meant to do that before I turned 30, but apparently I failed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK wimpy one... you couldn't handle the pain... and they are ultra tacky - sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You couldn't handle the pain - and seriously??? They are tacky and icky... come on lil sis, you can do better than that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Navy is fine. I dunno if this is true or not, but I've heard the darker the ink the deeper the needle to preserve the color the longest. I've only got a single black tat on the right shoulder about the size of a golf ball or so. It stung but was tolerable. I don't think it's tacky, though size matters here. If you're talking the whole of your forearm or wrist, yes tacky. If you're talking marble/pea size. Dainty. Quite cute and endearing. Initials are fine, I'd recommend discussing this with the artist. He/she might have some cool ideas for incorporating some sort of design in the lettering (a favorite flower, leaf, etc.) That way the tat has a kinda double-y fuzzy meaning for you.

    ReplyDelete