1.04.2008

Whatever Happened to Chicklit

I hate to be one of those women who criticizes chicklit BUT I am no longer interested in the following:

Women who work for PR or advertising companies. Blah Blah Blah. I get it.

Women who live in New York or London, and feel that there is no better and simultaneously worse city to live in then New York or London.

Women who are confused about money and men, to the extreme of spending all their money on shoes, make-up and other branded items. I don't care about your Jimmy Choos. Now, a nice pair of boots - that I can get behind.

That said I still enjoy most things by Marian Keyes.

Check out her bookshelf.

P.S. I hate that Jennifer Weiner writes about her new book, a sequel to Good in Bed, that Connie is now SEVEN POUNDS SLIMMER. Bite me.

2 comments:

  1. I take offense that you no longer care about women that work in PR or advertising because that is me and I did just recently apply for a job in NYC. Maybe I should write a chicklit book about it because it looks like any hack these days can write one and get one published. The other thing you forgot to mention is that the girls are so obsessed with their weight it forces me to go to my fridge and eat a sandwich for them because they starve themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my apologies dear, I just wonder if there is any other job for a chicklit gal. Oh and I am all for sandwich eating.

    ReplyDelete