3.12.2008

Apparently I Missed the Memo

I'm having one of those days. I stayed up way too late watching WE tv's Women Behind Bars - a new and sad episode featuring a 35 year old woman who was convicted of first degree murder and sentenced to life in prison for killing her father (who sexually and physically abused her for 10 years). She shot him when she was 18. While obviously a victim of battered women's syndrome - her trial judge refused to allow the jury to consider self defense. Her clemency appeal is still (and perhaps forever) waiting for the governor of Missouri.

After the episode I caught a commercial for WE's new show Bulging Brides. A bootcamp style reality show that tortures perfectly beautiful women with harsh trainers and the impending doom of making it to their "final dress fitting". Puke. Let's all agree to not watch this crappy show. And ladies, just buy some spanx and get over yourself. Your wedding is only ONE day of your life. Here's a crazy idea - why don't you spend the months before your wedding working on your relationship? Marriage is hard, at any size. Give up the brideorexia and focus on something a little more important. And if you really are having body and self esteem issues, maybe you aren't ready to get married.

Add to that my lamentable decision to watch "Dr." Laura's inane and ignorant today show comments - apparently, women are to blame for their husbands cheating, and you can see why I'm a little off.

Oh and I just realized that my underwear is backwards. Isn't the back part supposed to be bigger then the front? Apparently I missed the memo.

P.S. Yes, I know what a thong is; but I am referring to boy short underwear.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3/12/2008

    What was the name of the woman in the Missouri case? That all sounds vaguely familiar to me.

    Bulging Brides sounds so awful, thanks for watching it so I don't have to. ;) AND Dr. Laura can bite me. And then go away.

    At least your bra isn't on backwards... it's not, right??

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, my hatred of dr laura knows no bounds. The woman's name is Stacey Lannert - http://www.wetv.com/shows/women-behind-bars/bios/stacey-lannert

    As to the status of my bra - who can tell under the spanx!

    ReplyDelete